If you believe in exploring the world alone, choosing the right travel destination is important. It will ensure you have an exciting and incredibly liberating experience. There are myriad options for solo travelers. You can choose from among tranquil beaches, serene islands or pristine countryside. Here is a list of the top 5 places to visit alone. They are safe and welcoming to a solo traveler.
1. Costa Rica: Situated in Central America, Costa Rica is first on our list of best places to visit alone. It’s a great travel destination for one looking at adventure sports as well as a traveler seeking a peaceful getaway. Costa Rica is known for its tropical climate. The country boasts of a diverse culture and abounds in wildlife and natural beauty. Canopy tours or zip-lines are a very popular tourist activity throughout Costa Rica. Other activities tourists will enjoy include kayaking, surfing, hiking and horseback riding.
2. Malaysia: The conservative Muslim country in South East Asia has time and again emerged as a favorable locale for single travelers. It is also rated as safe for solo female travelers. Its demographics present a marvelous blend of the Chinese, Malay and Indian cultures. It is known for its spicy and flavorful culinary delights. At Malaysia you can put up at a beach resort or a five star hotel. There is plenty of outdoor exploration including shopping and wildlife tours to keep you occupied throughout.
3. Stockholm, Sweden: Many prefer to take their vacation in the rustic environs. However, if you would love to be surrounded by the comforts of urban life, you could make your reservations for Stockholm this holiday season. Stockholm is the capital of Sweden and is touted as one of the best European cities. It has a vibrant culture and historical background. It accommodates a large number of art galleries and museums. It is full of attractions to be enjoyed by singles, couples and families. And since it has dozens of lakes, a boat-ride is a must if you visit Sweden.
4. The Netherlands: Calm and tranquil are the perfect words to describe the land of the Dutch. With a culture akin to America, it is easier for travelers from the West to accommodate in the foreign land. The Dutch are known for their hospitality and friendly attitude. The best way to take in the beauty of the city is on bike. Rent a bike and tour the tiny streets at your convenience. You can spend time at coffee shops or at the bar.
5. Vietnam: Vietnam is another ideal tourist location to visit alone. As a close neighbor to Malaysia, it shares its culture as well as some aspects of its geographical landscape. Vietnam is an affordable travel destination. There is an endless list of activities to keep you occupied. It includes boat tours, fishing, water sports, shopping, wildlife exploration or simple lazing around in the sun. The country is also recognized for its spirituality. Thus, you can visit the temples and pagodas there.