I thought I would follow-up my earlier post with the course I did. It was called Enterprise Applied Management (EAM); It is the first of its kind run in Cambodia.
EAM is a program dedicated to managers and students of Management Sciences. There are various types of managers; such as, executives, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs … and all are concerned with a critical question; How to lower the level of uncertainty when making a managerial decision or start a successful business. EAM provides managers with approaches, tools and concepts to feel well equipped when they are confronted with concerns. Change Management is the keyword for this program. EAM is organized by a well-known and acknowledged academic institution in Cambodia. EAM welcomes present and future managers from any country to learn about business initiatives and entrepreneurship from the hub of future growth in South East Asia: Cambodia and its capital city, Phnom Penh.
So what is EAM all about?
- Decision making processes
- Managerial tools to use
- Road map for sequences of decisions in a variety of business environments
Why is EAM different?
- EAM is not a traditional academic course
- EAM aims at bridging theory and practice
- EAM is a certificate delivered by an academic institution for future and present practitioners
- EAM is not only about listening, EAM is also about participating, networking and collaborating
What do you get from EAM?
- How to plan
- How to decide
- How to gather the resources
- How to build a managerial team
- How to develop the business
- How to manage change
The traditional approach to strategic management, while still being useful in many cases has been overwhelmed by technology, so the modern manager needs to be enabled with many tools providing better opportunities to make him a smarter manager.
The program is organized around three key ideas:
1. THE BUSINESS INITIATIVE
- – BUSINESS IDEAS
- – INTRAPRENEURS
- – ENTREPRENEURS
- – OPPORTUNITY ANALYSIS
- – RESOURCES GATHERING
2. THE BUSINESS SIMULATION
- – BUSINESS PLANNING
- – THE KEY TO SUCCESS
- ITS COMPONENTS
- – ITS VARIATIONS
- – THE FUNDING
3. THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- – OPPORTUNITIES & OBSTACLES
- – PREPARATION
- – REQUIREMENTS
- – ASEAN
- – GLOBAL
- Along with program there are several keynote speakers from various organizations delivering lectures on strategy, finance, business development and local markets in South East Asia and Cambodia.
Thierry de Gurguette d'Argoeuves
An intrapreneur : started from scratch in Los Angeles THOMSON MULTIMEDIA division and bought it up to 110 Mio US $ within 3 years.
An entrepreneur : started 12 companies and joint ventures in Asia, developed them to the stage they could survive, develop further, go into joint venture with major local players.
A teacher : is a full time lecturer, teaching several courses at Assumption University GSB MBA programs: Management Information Systems, IT & e-commerce for Tourism and Internet Marketing.
He is also the initiator of the new concentration in "Entrepreneurship". He is a member of the Academic Committee and he lectures in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. He held two Master Degrees (Political Sciences and Economics) and a Bachelor Degree in Law. He is also the President of the IABC Thai Chapter (International Association of Business Communicators) as well as a PhD Candidate in Philosophy.