Choose a topic, set your writing mood, get your focus, and start writing. Freelance writing skills and research skills always go together. This means that freelance writers need to develop both research and writing skills to enhance their freelance writing speed. Freelance writing research skill is crucial to creating the outline, choosing reliable resources, collecting reliable information, and organizing the research.
Below are 10 ways that a freelance writer could increase freelance writing speed:
1. Develop freelance writing research skills. This helps to establish familiarity of the topic of the project, makes the writer exercise control of the content, and helps the writer acquire relevant information fast. Use the right keywords or keyword phrases when looking for a particular research topic. The use of “x” may help to emphasize the exact words that will come out in the search engines search page. Analyzing the right keywords is important to obtaining the right information. Obtaining the right information facilitates data gathering.
2. Create a blog and write more. Blogging can enhance both freelance writing and research skills. This will increase freelance writing speed. Freelance writers should start to blog about the topic they like and perform research first before writing. This is a good way to improve and practice writing skills.
3. Highlight important points that need more time and intensive research. Research, writing, and time management are important factors to consider when trying meeting project deadlines.
4. Write the essay in correct grammar as much as possible. Reading other people’s journals will help improve your grammar, writing style, and sentence construction at the same time. Learn how the other writers write an essay or dissertation at a PhD or MBA level. Freelance writing and attracting reader’s attention is all about writing style and grammar.
5. Present the topic, argument, or theory in a consistent and organize manner. The freelance writer should know how to present the subject in a way that the reader will understand the message and the argument easily.
6. Do not try to impress your readers by looking for scientific sounding or intellectual sounding words. Word choices matters but most clients prefer writing in a simple language that the readers can immediately grasp the message or understand the argument. Remember that sometimes the clients do not even know the topic and they need to understand what you are writing too.
7. Develop your typing speed. Try not to look at the keyboard when typing. One hint for developing the typing speed is to practice proper finger and keyboard placement. Looking at the computer’s monitor allows instant proofreading of the essay and reduces typographical errors.
8. Stop writing and then read aloud one or two completed paragraphs. This allows proofreading and at the same time makes the freelance writer more consistent with the presentation of the topic.
9. Develop speed in reading. Increasing the writing speed means developing and increasing reading speed. A freelance writer should know when to linger longer in a certain web page or material and when to leave a site.
10. Bookmarking visited websites. The freelance writer needs to facilitate data gathering by bookmarking the websites. Another way to organize your links is to create a Google document and put some phrases or hints that will help remember about the content of the website. Paste the link below the phrase and then go back to those links later for intext citation and creating bibliography. Google documents save pasted text automatically, which eliminates trying to remember saving documents and fearing losing links.
Inexperience because of lack of practice and developing a writing system delays collection of data, analysis, and developing the ability to determine reliable from unreliable information. The best way to improve this skill is to read more about academia topics. Lack of experience makes a big difference with the freelance writer’s visual motor perception and focus. The most accurate approach to increase the speed of writing of a freelance writer is to write at least one article a day for research, reading, and typing practice.