Mahindra is a renowned automobile manufacturing company, serving the country for more than six decades. Though the company is headquartered in Mumbai in India, it has assembly units in various countries, including China, USA, and the UK. There is a high demand for the vehicles produced by the organization, not only in India, but also in South Africa, Australia, Malaysia, and more.
At present, the fleet of Mahindra includes some great looking cars which guarantee good performance too. We take a sneak peek at these cars.
• Mahindra Bolero: Powered by Common Rail Diesel engine (CRDe) and mated with a 5-speed Manual Transmission, the Bolero is one of the most admired Multi Utility Vehicles (MUV). It sports a sleek look with comfortable interiors. The 2523 cc diesel mill musters 63 bhp at 3200 RPM power and the coupé comes with a range of essential safety features, including anti-roll bars, central locking, seat belt/door open caution, and more.
• Mahindra Quanto: This sub-4 metre car is the smallest MUV in the Mahindra fleet. Equipped with a 1493 cc mCR100 diesel engine, it yields a maximum power of 100 bhp at 3,750 RPM and generates a maximum torque of 240 Nm at 1,600-2,800 RPM.
• Mahindra Scorpio: This is one of the most popular cars from the house of Mahindras. The car has dominated the Indian Auto Market for more than 12 years and is still going strong. The ace automobile manufacturer had launched an all-new version of the Scorpio during the second half of 2014, which flaunted enticing exteriors and luxuriant interiors.
• Mahindra Thar: Available in 3 variants – DI 4×2, DI 4×4, and CRDe 4×4, the That is a compact Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) and features in the list of the top 10 SUVs of the country.
• Mahindra XUV500: Powered by a 2179 cc diesel mill which yields 140 bhp at 3750 RPM power, the Mahindra XUV500 comes with 2.2-litre mHawk engine and a 6-speed manual transmission. It boasts of several safety features, including airbags, ABS, ESP, and more.
• Mahindra Verito: Available in 7 stylish colours, the Verito comes with a 1461 cc Diesel engine which gives 65 bhp at 4000 RPM power. Revered as a car that gives good value for money, the coupé looks good too.
• Mahindra e2o: This smart urban electric car runs on a lithium-ion battery pack and guarantees a maximum speed of 90 km/h. It comes with a host of advanced features, including a GPS navigation system, keyless entry, regenerative braking, and more.
All these cars are stylish and have crafted a niche in the Indian Auto market.