As a reliably new person myself when it comes to online marketing, I truly understand the importance of acquiring useful and applicable knowledge on the subject. Even more so, I understand how critical it is to not only learn these marketing strategies but also learn strategies that are either free or low cost . When starting any business, you obviously are going to have, or should have an advertising budget. If you are new to business alike, this might not be the case, and that is perfectly okay and justifiable. The whole reason you got into online business was not to spend money but to make money correct? How can you spend money on advertising if you do not have any to begin with? Trust me, I completely understand because I have been in your shoes before.
Therefore, I will cut right to the chase. I am going to share with you a few low-cost and or free strategies and techniques you can begin using today to market your online business. However, before I do, let me make it very clear that this will require some work on your part. You see, many people get into online businesses with the preconceived notification that it is provided to be easy and require no effort. Well, I guess that depends on what your definition of the word easy is. In my professional opinion, it is easy work, but it still is work.
I will not sugar coat it for you, you will most definitely need to put in time and effort. How much effort? That just depends on you. I know this sounds mundane and cliche ', but the following could not be more true, "what you get out of your business is in direct relation to what you put into it." Be aware, that although free marketing strategies can be quite effective, they do typically take longer to produce results than paid strategies do. So please be patient and prepared for periods of unproductivity. Keep that in mind when going over the following list. The list is in no particular order and using these strategies does not guarantee you any success. Everyone's particular results will vary.
- The first and most simple way to advertise your business is through Facebook and other social media. You might say, "well I've tried selling to all of my friends and family before and it did not work." Create another account. Slowly build a new friends list and begin to join groups that have to do with your particular niche. Think outside of the box. Look for like- minded people. Also, creating a Facebook fan page can be very lucrative once you learn how to monetize the page. Be prepared to update your page daily. You must provide value to your followers otherwise people will lose interest.
- Create a YouTube account and begin to use this tool by frequently posting videos. Be sure not to overload your viewers though. It must be a fine balance of information and entertainment without saturating your page with videos. Only you can determine through trial and error what amount of videos create the kind of return you are looking for. Always be genuine, and again be sure to bring value to your viewers. For example, you can create " how to " tutorials for them by using http://www.screen-o-matic.com . Just as YouTube can be a great marketing tool, it can also be a valuable resource for you in your education on online marketing. There are literally tons of useful videos and information about online marketing tips, techniques, and strategies.
- Educate yourself on SEO and the importance of key word research. An excellent tool to use is the Google Ad words Keyword Tool at https://adwords.google.com . You must be logged in to your Google account to access this, or simply Google " keyword tool ." This is a free tool, however you must first learn the intricacies of key word search and all that it hosts before you can make the most of this tool.
- Blogging (informational or discussion site composed of "posts" or entries) is another strategy that can be very effective, but rest assured it will take much time and effort, especially if you've never done it before. Again, you can utilize YouTube to find training on creating an effective and eye-catching Blog. Simply type in "WordPress" into the YouTube search bar and you will find a myriad of information regarding how to create a WordPress website, blog, and or splash page. Another great option is to join an affiliate program which offers a free blogging platform with their system. Using this option you can learn and get paid as you go so to speak. When done correctly, blogging can be one of your most effective strategies to grow your business.
- Craigslist is one of thousands of free classified ads you can market your business on. (Google Free Classified Ads) The key to this type of advertising is to write effective ad copy and to do it consistently. A mixture of quantity and quality is going to produce the best results. Be sure to follow all guidelines each Classified Ad sets forth. You do not want to be kicked before you even get started.
- Email marketing is a highly underestimated and underutilized form of advertising and growing your business. Possibly because you have to adhere to the rules and guidelines in regards to spamming. However, as long as you do what is right and not abuse this form of marketing, it can literally explode your business when done right. You can prospect, generate leads, and follow-up all through this method of advertising. Once you begin building your list of clients and or potential clients, it is critical that you take care of your subscribers by not bombarding them with offers, and on the same token giving them a consistent informative and valuable correspondence.
These are just a handful of ways you can operate and market your business online. I am sure it is now obvious that you have your work cut out for you. Again, it is not difficult work, but it is most definitely work. As long as you dedicate yourself, and have a plan of action you will see success. I like to follow the PDCA Rule when marketing. That is to plan, do, check, and adjust my advertising strategies. Always keep the ultimate goal in mind. Although online marketing is a ton of work and a huge learning process, the end result can be amazing and life changing. There are literally thousands of people making upwards of six figures online, and every single one of them at some time or another have used the strategies I've listed for you above. With that being said, lets take your new job job and have some fun with it. Go out and put this information to use and start making the kind of money you've only dreamed of in the past. Best wishes and much success to you in all of your endeavors.