One of the best ways to market is focusing on search engines. I'm not talking about pay-per-click I'm talking about a free way to get on the first page of Google without spending money. This is called Search Engine Optimization, this deals with ranking. The higher your rank the more chances of your product, business or service will be seen.
Here are a few ways you can improve your internet marketing:
1. Choose a domain related to your keywords. This will make it easier for the search engines to find your sites and this will make it easier to your prospects to reach your link. Think of something easy to remember that is rich with your keyword content.
2. Do your keyword research. Use keywords that are relevant to your online business. It gets very competitive with certain word so I suggest you choose them wisely. Focus on keywords that get a good amount of attention with not too many competitors going after it.
3. Life is hard enough as it is so make your website user-friendly. Make sure your site is easy to navigate, you only get on shot at this so first impressions do count. This will also increase your chances of visitors coming back to your site.
4. Be very unique when posting content on your site. Make sure the content you are posting is very unique and it gives value. Talk about what's going on in the market today. Do some research about what's bothering your prospects in a particular niche or service you are providing.
5. Post content regularly or update them every so often. SEO's love new content, they are always looking that. This also keeps your visitors interested in what you have to offer.
6. Become viral. You know just like the common cold. You have to build many, many links for your content. You can do articles on sites, blogging, video marketing, forum posts. This makes you very valuable to the search engines.