Chances are there that you have heard the phrase ‘responsive web design’ quite a few times. What is responsive design? It is a web design trend which is predicted to remain dominant for years to come. Responsive design is a set of techniques and tools used for making websites fit for every screen, small and big. Web designers around the world have realized the importance of designing websites in this way. They recommend receptive websites for the eCommerce business owners. This is because web surfers always prefer the websites that can be viewed on any device, whether it is a laptop or a mobile phone. These days, many people are surfing the web from portable devices such as Smartphone and receptive websites that are adaptable in nature are what they actually like. Here below are five good reasons why this type of websites is recommended for every eCommerce business.
- Flexible web sites: Websites that are built in this way fit well any screen size. There was a time when websites were primarily designed for desktop computers. But with the emergence of smaller and portable devices, web designers felt the need to design websites that are flexible and can be opened and viewed from any device. Responsive design was the answer.
- Features are easy to find: As per usability factor is concerned, these websites are far more advanced than their precursors. All the features of the websites can be easily found unlike desktop-only websites that were like maze games for many mobile web surfers.
- Cost-effective design: Designers do not need to develop multiple versions of a website now. Powered by latest tools and technologies, modern day designers ensure that one website fits all screens and that significantly cuts down the cost.
- Fluid designs: Text content and images used on these sites are adaptable with new technologies and scope for further changes/modification remains wide open for the website maintenance professionals.
- Lower bounce rate: ‘Bounce Rate’ is the percentage of website visitors who leave a site without fully or partly exploring it. Bounce rate increases due to several reasons including poor navigation and slow loading of web pages. Responsive web design professionals ensure lower bounce rate by keeping the navigation easier and increasing the usability quotient of a website.
Should you hire a responsive web design professional?
You should have proper understanding of what responsive web design is and its significance in eCommerce website designing. You should not hire a professional without properly knowing the characteristics of this kind of websites. Otherwise, you might get misled by counterfeit designers. The best way to know about responsive design is to look up in Wikipedia and other authoritative websites. Do some research on the web first and then decide whether you really need a responsive website or an inflexible website might work well for your eCommerce business. However, as mobile users are increasing by leaps and bounds, it is highly recommended to design responsive business websites.