As you may know from my other articles, I’m a club level runner and when I am unable to run on a the road I love to run on my treadmill.
Using a treadmill is a safe, convenient and comfortable alternative to road running. I was lucky to test out the T5.1 treadmill from Reebok recently and wanted to share my thoughts with you.
First of all I’ll give you a list of the machines technical details:
- 2hp motor (continuous duty)
- Speed range of 0-16 kph/0-10mph
- Incline adjustable from 0-15%
- Backlit LCD display
- Hands free running with motion control
- Integrated Polar receiver for heart rate control
- Pulse grip sensors
- 50 x 140 cm belt
- 9 user profiles
- 36 built in programmes
- 150kg maximum user weight
- Assembled Dimensions:194cm long x 95cm wide x 139cm high
- Folded Dimensions:110cm long x 95cm wide x 165cm long
- Space saving, soft drop technology
- 2 year warranty of parts and labour, 10 years motor, lifetime frame
So even at a brief glance you can see that this is a quality machine.
The motor provides 2 HP of continuous duty. This makes the machine quieter and gives a much smoother feel during the run. The belt itself is a good size and the Phenol coating gives that extra feeling of durability. Add this to the swing arm suspension and you get a treadmill that really is pleasure to run on. Your body is subjected to much less shock – Perfect for those who want to take extra care of their joints
When I’m not exercising I am known as a bit of a geek and that is why the motion control of the t5.1 really impressed me. I have dubbed them “Jedi Control” as all you have to do is wave your hand over the sensors to adjust the speed and incline during your workout. This is not just a gimmick, it’s actually a great feature and is ideal for those who have less confidence. You don’t have to lean forward to make adjustments, or even grab the rail. Just wave to make the changes.
The programmes on this machine are numerous and cover all the workout goals you will ever need such as targeting calories, distance or time. You can also follow an interval programme for time or speed. The heart rate control programme takes advantage of the built in polar receiver for a completely individual workout (chest belts are sold separately) If these workouts are not enough then you can also make your own custom programmes and tailor the speed and incline to your person preferences
Whilst working out, all the data you need is shown on the backlit display. You will have no worries keeping tabs on your progress.
The soft drop technology and integrated wheels make storing the treadmill a piece of cake.
So based on my test run and the technical specs of this machine, I would happily recommend the t5.1 to:
- Those who are keen to workout but want to take care of their joints
- Runners who want to push themselves with a large variety of programmes
- People who want to run to lose weight
- Anyone who wants a treadmill that is safe and easy to use
I was fortunate to try out this machine. If you are able to, then I recommend that you do as well. It’s a top end treadmill from one of the market leaders.