We all know that Search Engine Optimization is the latest craze everywhere in the world of e-commerce. But this SEO is actually part of Search Engine Marketing or SEM where the promotion of any official website is being carried by increasing the number of visibility in the search engine result pages with the help of SEO. Here comes the purpose of SEO Metrics. Without getting acquainted with the latest and trendy metrics for SEO people will be normally tend to adopt the old version of metrics.
Proper SEO Metrics can easily achieve attention of CEO or Press. But to know the latest fad requires time which is the main constraint in our daily life today. Besides other important marketing jobs people hardly get enough time to survey and study market to get to know what the current SEO metrics are being embraced by e-commerce people. Few hot SEO Metrics are framed below to help you out:
- You must understand as well as leverage properly the powerful ‘Long Tail’ dynamics
- You must contribute on regular basis and in a trustworthy relationship on content or social news related websites e.g. Wikipedia, Propeller, Reddit, Digg, Mixx, StumbleUpon and Knol.
- You must build your network personally as well as professionally via online communities like Facebook, Tweeter, LinkedIn, Flickr, MySpace, Bebo, YouTube, the blogosphere and MyBlogRoll. After that you have to take due advantage of rest of the network utilities.
- You must follow ‘Link Baiting’ which is posting of content related to many fields as a magnet for those links.
This new generation SEO Metrics help in keeping track of progress and improvement by throwing old concepts. All these trendy metrics of personalized search, universal search or ‘Long Tail’ embrace new KPIs or Knowledge Performance Indicators which are as follows:
- Create Unique Pages. Unique pages are nothing but salesmen of your business i.e. your website. Hence the more you create unique pages the more it sells your product. Technically, unique pages are web pages that are surveyed by SEO spiders that rate your website.
- Increase Page Yield. Always remember that the more you create unique pages the higher is the traffic in search engine result. Hence your Search Engine Optimized website will be more fruitful. More page yield will help your site captivate the maximum part of the natural search, ‘Long Tail’.
- Produce More Keyword Yield. You must keep in mind to put maximum number of keywords, which could bring higher traffic rate for your website in the search engine result, in your Web pages. It means your website’s tail will be longer the more keywords its yielding webpage targets.
- Concentrate on Engine Yield. Every search engine has different level of audience therefore if one of your webpage creates huge traffic on one particular search engine it may not have same impact on another. For example Google crawl more webpage than Yahoo and Live Search.
- Keyword Should Attract More Visitors. While you are making your webpage content keyword dense keep in mind that it must be judged on how many visitors it would fetch. This is one of the best SEO Metrics that determines the height of the ‘Long Tail’.
- Verify Brand-to-Non-brand Ratio. It determines the percentage of natural search traffic coming from brand keywords vs. non-brand keywords. Higher ratio and most part of your traffic coming from brand name searches indicate your SEO efforts get broken fundamentally. Lower ratio signifies the more ‘Long Tail’ that is your goal.
- Consider Index-to-Crawl Ratio. This signifies another most importance of SEO Metrics by determining the ratio of web pages being indexed to unique pages that crawled. A low Index-to-Crawl ratio implies your site doesn’t have qualifying weight according to the eyes of Google.
Follow the above mentioned SEO Metrics to gauge the success of your search engine optimization initiatives.