Champagne is certainly one of the world’s finest drinks. It fits just about any occasion and a goof number of people use it to because it adds a note of style, elegance, class and luxury. The richer people use champagne as a celebration drink and they also combine it with caviar. Depending on the type of celebration, there are different types of champagne available.
Of course, if the event is an important one you would need a more expensive champagne bottle. If you’re curious about the world’s most expensive champagne brands, we have created a list of the first 20. Check it out bellow, in no particular order:
1. Piper Heidsieck 1907. This is certainly the most expensive one. There are very few remaining right now and the price for one is somewhere around $300,000
2. 1928 Krug. This bottle was sold in 2008 to an unknown buyer for the price of $21,000. It was made from the finest grapes in all of France.
3. Perrier-Jouet Champagne. The price for a bottle of Perrier-Jouet Champagne is set at around $7,000. Coming in a limited edition, this is certainly a must-have for those that can afford it.
4. Dom Perignon Rose. This was sold at an auction in 2005 for the price of $40,000. Featuring a unique flavor, Dom Perignon Rose is one of the finest champagnes in the world.
5. Bollinger Blanc de Noirs Vieilles Vignes Francaises 1997. This rare and vintage champagne brand is certainly one of the most appreciated ones.
6. Krug Clos d’Ambonnay 1995. This fine sparkling wine is one of the finest in the world at the moment. A bottle is sold at around $3,500.
7. Dom Perignon 1966. This one is very tough to get, being kept in a secret place and being of a limited edition. Its price is set at $1965.
8. Louis Roederer Cristal 1990. This one is also very rare and only a few select people have the pleasure of tasting it. The price is $14,730.
9. Krug Grand Cuvee. This champagne is created by mixing a number of different ones. It certainly represents something new and a bottle comes with a high price tag.
10. Salon 1995. This is a very sought after champagne brand. Featuring a unique flavor and being made from the finest grapes available, this is certainly a must have for anyone that likes style.
11. Krug, Clos Du Mesnil 1995. This can be bought at $750 and is more accessible to the general public without making any quality compromises.
12. Bollinger Blanc de Noirs Vieilles Vignes Francaises 1997. Another highly affordable one. A bottle can be purchased at the price of $400.
13. Dom Perignon Rose. A bottle costs $350 and it was also sold for $40,000 at an action back in 2005.
14. Salon 1995. Costing around $250, this champagne brand is suiting for just about any special occasion.
15. Krug 1990. Being established a long time ago, in 1843, a bottle of this type is set at the price of $224.
16. Krug Grand Cuvee. Costing around $170 at the moment, this one is certainly a highly affordable champagne brand.
17. Grande siecle. This is a highly popular one amongst the people of the world. It is also highly accessible; the price is set at $85.
18. Pol Roger Brut 1998. Costing only $82 and being of superior quality, you can imagine the success that it has right now.
19. Cuvee Annamaria. This was produced by Ca’Del Bosco champagne and its price is set at $154.
20. Schramsberg J schamm 1999. Costing only $80, this is another highly affordable and quality champagne brand.