The FMCG industry covers an extensive variety of consumable goods like:
• Grocery items like toiletries, sodas, pre-packed goods and cleaning items
• Highly perishable items like fruits, vegetables, meat products and dairy products It also includes baked products like pastries and cakes.
• Beauty items, cosmetics and toiletries
• Pharmaceutical products
• Paper products like notebooks and greeting cards
• Plastic products
These retail products have short-lived shelf life compared to kitchen and other home appliances. The items are commonly replaced in a couple of days or in a few months time; this is because they are consumed by the consumers on a day to day basis.
The FMCG industry is a highly competitive due to branding and product advertising. The manufacturers continue to develop and enhance their products. Similarly, they search for strategies to keep up with the market and consumer trends. FMCG manufacturers and producers continuously set their sights for sales venues and outlets for their products in order to achieve their targeted sales goal. There are scores of FMCG vacancies worldwide owe to the industry’s growing participation in the market.
Here are some FMCG vacancies which are gaining popularity among fresh graduates as well as to those seeking that career change:
• Managers for offices and factories which deals to either the administrative aspect and, the production and distribution of goods
• Sales, marketing and finance
• Advertising which relates to the product’s promotion through various media including the internet
• Market researchers which cover consumer research, market segmentation as well as product positioning which focus on the retention strategy of the product in terms of its consumers.
Industry leaders offer competitive salaries and career prospects to its applicants and employees. This make FMCG vacancies one of the most sought after job opportunities worldwide.
You will be amazed to find out that the FMCG industry plays a pivotal role in the economies of many countries worldwide. Take a look at these figures:
• In North America alone, the FMCG industry is worth more or less US$ 2 trillion, and the industry is still expanding.
• In the United Kingdom, the FMCG industry employs 14% of its workforce and it is estimated to worth £14.5 billion and it is still growing.
• New Zealand’s FMCG industry forms 5% of its Gross Domestic Product.
• FMCG industry in India is approximately worth US$13.1 billion and it is the country’s fourth largest sector. The figure is expected to double up in the coming years.
So if you have what it takes to fill up any of the FMCG vacancies, go ahead, send that impressive cover letter and resume.