What’s Pavlov Classical Conditioning?
This theory can be defined as a form of associative learning that was first demonstrated by Ivan Pavlov, a Russian psychologist. Since Ivan Pavlov founded this theory with his breakthrough research techniques, it’s also known as “Pavlov classical conditioning.”
More Explanation On Pavlov Classical Conditioning
The typical procedure for inducing this theory involves pairing an unknown brand, things, words, and music repeatedly together with some other stimulus that you know already automatically elicits positive feelings or emotions. Let me enlighten you with more examples of classical conditioning theory in action if you’re still blank.
10 Solid Examples Of Classical Conditioning In Action
- Pairing a popular music together with the products in advertisements to generate positive feelings and liking towards the products
- Christmas music played in store may trigger the sweet memories and the habits of giving and sharing in a consumer’s mind and thus will persuade he or she to enter the store
- Political candidates try to appear in TV with patriotic background music to elicit the patriotic feelings of the voters
- Consistently advertising a product on exciting game shows may result in the product itself generating an excitement response.
- Guys tend to associate themselves with anything that the girls like in order to create a good impression in their mind and eventually win their hearts.
- Girls may tend to symbolize themselves as a “sex symbol” to instantly attract the guys to approach them to start a relationship.
- People who receives chemotherapy often vomit during or shortly after the procedure. After several chemotherapy sessions, people begin feeling sick at the sight of the treatment room.
- The sight of food will make you hungry. Soon every time you go into the kitchen, you will feel hungry too.
- Whenever you see a scary movie, you will always eat a box of thin mints. Now you will find that just seeing thin mints makes you feel scared.
- If you met a new person who is an excellent cook, after a few superb meals you will find yourself liking that person very much.