Here are some of the best mountain biking and cycling trails in Singapore, and all you have to do is read on…
1. Bukit Timah: A popular mountain bike loop that rings around the famous Bukit Timah Hill, Bukit Timah nestles between Hinhinde Park and Diary Farm Road. It is located within the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve area, which offers the right mix of rocky terrain and misty and dotted land to bike on, and also stretched hikes and slopes to challenge your biking skills. Visiting Bukit Timah is by all means a great way to live the Singapore mountain bike experience.
2. Ketam Bike Park (Palau Ubin): This MTB trail is situated around the eastern coast of the country’s mainland where one reaches with a short ferry ride. One of the notable features of the Ketam Bike Park trail is that it strikes the right balance between rough and easy as it actually gets you to slog just the way you would at your gym. It is basically a sandy and simultaneously dry trail for most part and comprises blue squares (easy riding glade) as well as black diamond (difficult level) rides, which can meet the needs of all mountain bikers.
3. Kent Ridge: This MTB trail is located around South Bouna Vista Road and is in close proximity to the city region of Singapore. Although the Kent Ridge MTP loop isn’t very long, it does offer plenty of options for ardent mountain bikers. There’s a loop of single track for trail riding as well as an unconnected D-Line along with many thrilling paths in which one could lose the way (and yet not go missing but get back to safety promptly). You will also come across berms that will fuel your speed while you mountain bike.
4. Chestnut Nature Park: This expansive 80-hectare park offers luxuriously long winding smooth drives with sporadic double black diamond stretches (tough haul but optional). This MTB trail boasts of rich biodiversity juxtaposed with amenities and conveniences for leisure. Though the presence of such services is appreciated by some people as they provide relaxation and refreshment facilities, others say that a mountain biking trail shouldn’t have these arrangements as they beat the purpose of feeling one with nature. Irrespective of these disparities, the Chestnut Nature Park is popular and known as a trail that has something for everyone, be it for a cyclist or a hiker.
5. Track 15 (aka T15): This trail is an unassumingly easy trail ideal for beginners to kick off their mountain biking pursuits. It is a quintessential double trail that tends to turn narrow occasionally while rolling ahead; one that also has simple climbs and rollers that anyone can try out. And if you’re thinking that seasoned riders find Track 15 too easy, think again. This place is actually popular among hard-core mountain bikers as it is here that they get to test their potential for speeding.
6. Coney Island: Coney Island, then again known as Pulau Serangoon, is a sprawling 133-hectare island situated off the north-eastern coast of Singapore in a town called Punggol. Coney Island was thrown open to the public two years ago. It comprises a nature park that features a gravel cycling track that bikers enjoy riding on. It’s a picturesque locale that is fast becoming a preferred mountain biking destination in Singapore.
While the mountain biking (and cycling) trails elaborated upon above are counted among the best in Singapore, it is also worthwhile to note that there are quite a few more mountain biking and cycling trails that offer stunning alternatives. At the same time, there are some trails that have been built by humans exclusively to provide mountain bikers a quality mountain biking experience. In addition to that, there also are certain mountain biking and cycling trails that for some reasons have been closed to the general public.