Want to make money with digital photography? Want your own Photographic Business? Its not just wedding photography, read on to find out other ways to make money and start your own business in the exciting world of Photography! Here is a list of the 10, with an outline of the type of business that can be made.
Your own digital, photography based, home business could start here …
* Matchbooks. Weddings, parties, birthdays, firework parties, barbecue supplies. Here are a small sample of markets you could approach with this product. Or add to your ever growing lists of personalized items. I know people do not smoke in restaurants, bars and the like anymore, but a book of matches for people to take outside and home, is a great marketing tool for a lot of businesses.
* Memo Pads. Memo pads are another great marketing ploy, like above, or how about the souvenir market? A lot of small tradesmen and women would love a reasonably priced memo pad, that not only had their name and phone number, but a striking image of them, or their vehicle as well. To give to their customers.
* Napkin Rings. Personalized napkin rings, for the discerning entertainer. Or again weddings, parties, restaurants. A lot of people would pay well above shop prices for an unusual gift like this.
* Tins. Tins are everywhere, not only the obvious like biscuit, flour, other kitchen tins. But other types of storage, valuables, old letters, old coins, nick-knacks, pens and pencils, artificial flowers. What about the tins that look like food, but where are you put your money? You can (no pun) get, blank tins, or how about recycling?
* Stick Puppets. Stick puppets are great toys, hours of fun for adults (who would not like to see some politicians on a stick?), Or kids, (their mum and dad, pets, friends). You can print out sticky back prints to put on ready made card & sticks, or offer the personalized service for individual images. Again great gifts, souvenirs, etc stick to it and you could make a great home business!
* Old Photos. Lots of people find old photographs interesting. You have the ones of towns and cities a hundred years ago and the victorian style portraits. You can recreate this with a view that does not contain anything obviously modern, capture the image and turn it into a sepia print, either digitally or with a print kit. Apart from enlargements as souvenirs, they also make great postcards. There still are expensive franchises for victorian portrait businesses available today, the exact same prints can be made on your computer or by kit. You could offer the full portrait service if you wanted, with clothes to change into, you decide.
* Mosaics. There are artists today who make a living creating mosaics, from artwork or photographs. And there is great software that will do it for you. Mosaics make great advertising, also works of art like oil paintings. So again put your thinking cap on, personalizing, or business? Do you know any builders? A mosaic of their promises would look good on boards, cards, letterheads.
* Mobiles. People make a good living making products for proud parents of newborn babies. You see the ads in the maternity ward or bulletin board and lets face it there's not a lot to read while dad is waiting for little one to make an appearance! Mobiles make great gifts too.
* Mugs. One of the most popular advertising medias around, they are everywhere with every conceivable image on them. Narrow the market, focus on smaller groups, people buy everything that represents their hobby or passion. I will not even start a list here, you know what I mean … oh alright, golf, fishing, football, horses, dogs, cats, ducks, wallabies, centipedes, OK I'm getting sarcastic!
* Shopping Bags. You can have fun with these, they are great for humor, you know a photo, or cartoon of a worn out man, with the caption 'I shop, he drops'. Or political like '**** happens, so do not vote Labor.' Or your own view of the town, or what ever graphic message you can dream up. Look out for special events, they may need bags. Look at the bags around you, where do you think you could improve, or do they give you other ideas? …
This is just to get your juices going and your brain storming with ideas! The internet has opened up a never ending need for images, of anything and everything. Stock photography has changed, gone are the highly professional, large format shots of models and beaches, that had to be technically perfect, well they are not the only ones, but they are not the only opportunities for aspiring photographers who want to make a living with their hobby, their passion. Images that you would not believe started life as a photograph end up everywhere these days and the ability to transform these images is available to everyone, and in the comfort of their own home.
Do not forget a lot of well known high street businesses started life on a kitchen table, why not yours?