Designing a web page can be a scary adventure, especially if you have never attempted this before. However, it doesn’t have to be! Web design is actually pretty simple and if you keep to the basics you can have a great web page with very little effort and stress! Instead of going into the technical side of the web page, I feel that there are 5 important common factors that sometimes are not placed in a web site and I believe they should be. There are 5 basic things that every web site should not be without.
1. Keywords: Keywords should be placed thought-out your website, on various pages. This provides a better chance of you being found.
2. Customer service/contact information: this is especially important if you are selling products or services. The clients need to have someone to contact and a reliable method.
3. Adequate information: It doesn’t matter if its goods, services, or articles, you need to ensure that what you have is quality, resourceful, and in good supply. Your visitors and customers need to have a clear understanding of what is offered and what they are getting. The more information you have the more trusting the visitors will be.
4. A search tool: I hate visiting a web site that doesn’t have a search tool! If I am seeking a particular subject or item, a search tool allows me to easily locate that item or information without having to “dig” through the site to find it. Make it an easy access site. This makes visitors very happy!
5. Payment information or resource references: If you are selling products you should have your payment information on the first page so that people are aware of what you accept (Paypal, checks, credit cards). If you provided information (articles or such) provide references of who wrote them (if they aren’t’ your own work). This helps if people are going to use your works in their own writings.